P: 847.441.8800 | F: 847. 441. 6270 | email@example.com
I strive to truly listen to my clients and get to know them on both a business and personal level. This allows me to be proactive in anticipating my client’s needs and helping to advise them.
James L. Hamilton, CPA
Jim is a tax partner who leads the firm’s Tax Planning & Compliance Department. Jim has over 25 years of experience in public accounting in both large and mid-sized firms, along with five years in the private industry. Jim has worked closely with a variety of individuals and small business owners in various industries providing tax compliance and consulting services. Jim provides a perspective on issues from the client’s point of view due to experience in private industry. His industry experience includes manufacturing, distribution, entertainment, construction, real estate, not-for-profit and professional practices. Jim has extensive experience in assisting clients in resolving tax inquiries and controversies with federal, state and local authorities. Jim has been with Weiss & Company since 1997.
Jim enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. He enjoys travelling and relishes in the occasional, however inconsistent, game of golf. As a bit of a foodie, Jim has made an effort to visit just about every restaurant in Chicago. A native Chicagoan, he can also be found cheering on the Cubs, Bears and Blackhawks.
- Corporate, partnership and individual tax compliance and planning with emphasis on closely-held businesses
- Federal, state and local income tax, sales and use, and estate and gift areas
- Tax planning strategies for closely held businesses, owners and their families
- Assisting with entity selection for start-up businesses
- Experience in working with individuals and businesses in resolving audits of income, sales and payroll taxes
Memberships and Education
- MBA, Finance & Accounting, Owen Graduate School of Management, Vanderbilt University
- Bachelor of Science degrees in Economics and Mathematics, Vanderbilt University
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Illinois CPA Society
- Member, Glenview Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer, Board of Jewish Education of Metropolitan Chicago
- Board of Trustees, Congregation Beth Shalom in Northbrook
- Volunteer, Alzheimer’s Association — Greater Chicagoland Chapter