Senior Accountant – Client Accounting Services Practice
Joining Weiss & Company LLP’s Client Accounting Services (CAS) team will provide you the opportunity to work with a diverse array of private industry clients who seek to outsource and improve accounting and reporting functions.
Weiss & Company’s CAS practice provides a broad range of cost-effective accounting services designed to meet our clients’ specific needs. Leveraging automation and technology, we provide controllership and outsourced accounting services that help our clients succeed!
- Manage client outsourced accounting engagements for small to mid-size organizations
- Proactive consulting on accounting operations and best practice process improvement
- Assist new or existing clients in business start-up and transition phases
- Develop, build and foster client relationships
- Analyze profitability, report positive/negative trends to management
- Manage or perform monthly accounting close process
- General ledger analysis and trial balance preparation
- Prepare basic corporate and individual tax returns
- Prepare or review financial statements, payroll and sales tax (multi-state) filings
- Process or review accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Reconcile and analyze GL accounts, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. CPA certificate or working towards preferred.
- 3-10 years of relevant accounting experience, including financial statement preparation, required.
- Extensive experience working with QuickBooks, desktop and online, and knowledge of its features and functions required.
- Experience providing accounting services to multiple clients/companies preferred.
- Prior Public Accounting experience preferred; will consider corporate accounting experience in lieu of public accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as Adobe Acrobat preferred.
Additional Required Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with people at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a team environment
- Accuracy in reporting and attention to detail is critical in this position
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills, and ability to break down complex issues and implement creative solutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a critical focus on details and accuracy
- Efficient and effective project management skills
- Strong, adaptable technology skills’
Weiss & Company LLP
At Weiss & Company, we know that guiding our clients through the shifting tax landscape requires an in-depth understanding of each client's unique operations, risk tolerance, and growth projections to execute individually tailored, highly effective tax strategies.
The Benefits You Deserve
401 (k) matching
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
*Benefits described applicable to full-time associates