The Tax Manager is responsible for providing corporate, partnership and individual tax compliance and planning advice for various clients, in addition to performing accounting functions. In this role, the Tax Manager may be charged with acting as a corporate controller for various firm clients.
Specific Job Duties:
• Provides corporate, partnership and individual tax compliance and planning advice
• Performs accounting functions as corporate controller for various clients
• Provides clients with reviews and compilations of financial statements
• Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits.
• Ensures both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies and standards.
• Identifies when research is needed; clearly and concisely frames issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reports the analysis.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required. Masters degree in Accounting or Taxation, beneficial.
• Five (5)+ years of prior experience. Experience as corporate controller preferred. Prior basic supervisory experience beneficial.
• Passed CPA Exam preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with tax research databases such as CCH and RIA in all tax compliance process software including CCH Document, BNA, CCH Fixed Assets, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills. Able to prepare business, trust and individual tax returns. Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance. Ability to effectively delegate work as needed. Trains other team members. Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills. Able to work well in a team environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com