Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual work papers, and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns.
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, individual and trust income tax returns, including multi-state returns.
- Detailed review and analysis of tax returns including identification and documentation of potential tax issues.
- Interact directly with clients regarding tax planning, return preparation, and communication of tax- related information, including client questions, concerns, etc.
- Clearly and concisely frame issues to be researched, providing timely reporting and analysis.
- Perform, document, and summarize research and conclusions regarding specific tax issues.
- Ensure client compliance with all applicable authorities, while providing effective strategies to minimize their tax and reporting burdens.
- Seeks collaboration with superiors regarding tax issues, problems related to compliance. Escalates client issues when necessary.
- Manages client engagements by planning the tax process and the procedures to be performed by staff members.
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant field required. Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of prior experience preparing and reviewing tax returns. Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Completion of CPA Exam, or working toward, highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with tax research software such as CCH and RIA. Also, in tax compliance software, such as CCH Document, BNA, CCH Fixed Assets beneficial.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills.
Additional Required Skills
- Ability to prepare business, trust and individual tax returns.
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed.
- Ability to train other team members.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
Weiss & Company LLP
At Weiss & Company, we know that guiding our clients through the shifting tax landscape requires an in-depth understanding of each client's unique operations, risk tolerance, and growth projections to execute individually tailored, highly effective tax strategies.
The Benefits You Deserve
401 (k) matching
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
*Benefits described applicable to full-time associates