Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual work papers, and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns.
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, individual and trust income tax returns, including multi-state returns
- Detailed review and analysis of tax returns including identification and documentation of potential tax issues
- Interact directly with clients regarding tax planning, return preparation, and communication of tax- related information, including client questions, concerns, etc.
- Clearly and concisely frame issues to be researched, providing timely reporting and analysis.
- Perform, document, and summarize research and conclusions regarding specific tax issues
- Ensure client compliance with all applicable authorities, while providing effective strategies to minimize their tax and reporting burdens
- Seeks collaboration with superiors regarding tax issues, problems related to compliance. Escalates client issues when necessary
- Manages client engagements by planning the tax process and the procedures to be performed by staff members
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant field required. Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- 3+ years of prior experience preparing and reviewing tax returns. Some supervisory experience preferred
- Completion of CPA Exam, or working toward, highly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with tax research software such as CCH and RIA. Also, in tax compliance software, such as CCH Document, BNA, CCH Fixed Assets beneficial
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
Weiss & Company LLP
Weiss & Company LLP is a full-service CPA firm serving small to mid-sized businesses as well as individuals and families. Our firm offers a full range of accounting services including tax, audit, advisory, and specialized services tailored to specific client needs. Recognized as an Illinois “Best Places to Work” for the past 11 years, we’ve been committed to shaping the workplace around our people – their personal as well as professional needs. If you are passionate about growing your career, join our team!
The Benefits You Deserve
401 (k) matching
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
*Benefits described applicable to full-time associates