UPDATED Message Regarding 2019 Tax Deadlines
UPDATE: On Friday, March 20, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced that the IRS will move the federal income tax filing deadline to July 15, 2020.
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are providing special payment relief for individuals and businesses in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Key points are summarized below, along with some important notes about Weiss & Company’s service going forward.
Tax Payment Deadline Extended to July 15th for Federal Returns
- Income tax payment deadlines for individual returns, with a due date of April 15, 2020, are being automatically extended until July 15, 2020.
- This payment relief applies to all individual returns, including self-employed individuals, and all entities other than C-Corporations, such as trusts or estates.
- IRS will automatically provide this relief to taxpayers. Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this relief.
- For C Corporations, income tax payment deadlines are also being automatically extended until July 15, 2020.
- This relief also includes estimated tax payments for tax year 2020 that are due on April 15, 2020.
Important Notes About Our Weiss & Company Tax Service
- While our offices remain open, we have instituted a number of policies, including working from home and reduced working hours.
- For everyone’s safety, we are curtailing face-to-face meetings and ask that you refrain from coming to our office until further notice.
- Please submit your tax documents using certified mail or overnight delivery services, or consider taking advantage of our safe, secure client portal by electronically uploading your documents. You can access the portal via our website.
We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our office. We appreciate your understanding and support.
About Weiss & Company
Innovative and flexible like the best boutique firms, with the broad selection of services of larger firms, Weiss & Company delivers solutions precisely tailored to your needs.
For the latest financial news you can use, subscribe to our company newsletter, The Weiss AdvisorSignup Now