Dan joined Weiss as a principal in 2022 with 38 years of public accounting experience, the last 14 as an independent practitioner headquartered in Glenview. He focuses his practice on closely-held businesses and individuals in diverse industries, including professional practices, service companies and healthcare, providing them with advice, planning and compliance on a broad range of tax matters.
Dan takes a proactive approach to planning with clients, working in collaboration with their legal, financial, insurance and other advisors to develop strategies that go beyond traditional tax planning and address a wide array of non-tax issues that affect their financial well-being.
Beyond his tax work, Dan has also taught accounting at Roosevelt University and the University of Illinois, and is a popular speaker on tax issues for major companies and professional groups, including Citibank, Chicago Bar Association, Illinois CPA Foundation and Pennsylvania CPA Society. He has served on several non-profit Boards of Directors and volunteers with groups supporting veterans and current military personnel and their families.
Outside of work, Dan enjoys family time with his wife, children and grandchildren. He likes playing pickleball and golf, and has a passion for writing song lyrics.
- Merger & Acquisition tax planning and compliance
- Assisting with entity selection for both start-up and growing businesses
- Corporate, partnership, and individual tax planning and compliance
- Multi-state tax services
- IRS, state, and local audit representation
Glenview, Illinois 60026
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois College of Law
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Illinois CPA Society