Mike is a senior manager in the firm’s tax department. He has over 25 years of experience in public accounting with an emphasis on financial planning and analysis, mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, valuation, transfer pricing, statistical tax analysis, litigation support, and IRS controversy.
In addition to his tax practice, Mike has led quantitative groups in investment-banking and consulting organizations, and is adept at applying quantitative methods to enhancing business outcomes in operational optimization, supply chain, and managerial and cost accounting. His toolbox includes Monte Carlo simulation, real-options pricing, statistical analysis, and decision-under-uncertainty for executive decision support.
Mike is an avid sailor. He and his wife, Kirsten, enjoy long walks and road trips to visit their kids in college and law school.
- International income tax matters
- Assisting with entity selection for start-up businesses
- Business consulting
- Business valuations for closely-held businesses
- Experience in working with foreign owned businesses doing business in the United States
- Litigation support and forensic accounting services
Glenview, Illinois 60026
- Master of Science in Taxation, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Bell Telephone Laboratories
- Master of Science in Chemical Physics, University of Chicago
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry & Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Illinois CPA Society
- Member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Member of the MIT Educational Council
- Life Member of the United States Naval Institute
- Life Member of the Naval Submarine League
- Advisor, Boy Scouts of America Order of the Arrow